Justice Elvish, originally from Canada, moved to Florida in 2014. She received her BA in Political Science from the University of South Florida followed by her JD from Florida Coastal School of Law, where she graduated 8th in her class. At Taylor Day Law, Justice’s practice areas include PIP Benefits and Automobile Accident Defense. Get to know more about Justice in today’s Spotlight.
1. How long have you been practicing law?
Three years in November.
2. In your career, what do you consider your proudest moment/biggest win?
I had the opportunity to assist in a pro bono case for the representation of a woman who was in a tough situation. We were able to help her get a favorable outcome and help her on her way to leaving her past in the past. It was my proudest moment as it was the first time I fully understood what an impact we as attorneys’ can have on someone’s life.
3. When you’re not fighting for your clients’ best interests, where can we find you?
At BrewHound with my fiancé and Great Dane, June.
4. If you weren’t an attorney, what would you be doing for a living?
5. What is #1 on your bucket list?
Diving with the Great Whites in South Africa.
6. Any tips for someone pursuing a career in law?
Find a way of learning that works for you and stick with it. Make studying fun whenever possible, even if it means writing case briefs in pink ink. And never pass up a networking opportunity!